Get Your Smile Back with Dentures by Dr. Cohen
If you’re in Westland, MI, and seeking a reliable solution to missing teeth, look no further than dentures from Parkland Dental. Our team of skilled professionals understands the impact of missing teeth on your oral health, appearance, and overall confidence.
With our state-of-the-art dental facility and expertise in denture solutions, we can restore your natural smile and functionality. We prioritize patient comfort, and our personalized approach ensures that each patient’s unique needs are met. Let us help you reclaim your smile today!
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable appliances that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They can be made of acrylic, nylon, or metal. There are two main types of dentures: complete dentures and partial dentures.
Complete dentures are used when all teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. Both types of dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth and match the color of your natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer many benefits for those who have missing teeth. Here are some of the top benefits of dentures:
- Improved speech: Missing teeth can affect your ability to speak properly. Dentures can help improve your speech by providing support for your lips and tongue.
- Increased confidence: Dentures can help restore your smile and improve your overall appearance. This can help boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Better chewing: Missing teeth can make it difficult to chew properly. Dentures can help improve your ability to chew, making it easier to eat a wider variety of foods.
- Improved oral health: Dentures can help prevent the remaining teeth from shifting or moving around, which can cause other dental problems.
Who Qualifies for Dentures
Anyone with missing teeth may be a candidate for dentures. However, it’s important to have a consultation with a dentist to determine if dentures are the best option for you. Some factors that may impact your candidacy for dentures include:
- Condition of your remaining teeth and gums
- Overall health
How the Dentures Process Works
If you’re a candidate for dentures, the dentures process will typically involve the following steps:
Consultation: Your dentist will examine your mouth and take impressions of your teeth and gums.
Fabrication: Your dentures will be custom-made based on the impressions taken during your consultation.
Fitting: Your dentures will be fitted to your mouth to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
Adjustments: Your dentist may make adjustments to your dentures as needed to ensure a proper fit.
Follow-up: Your dentist will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the fit of your dentures and make any necessary adjustments.
Caring for Your Dentures
Proper care of your dentures is important to ensure their longevity and maintain good oral health. Here are some tips for caring for your dentures:
- Clean your dentures daily with a denture cleaner or mild soap and water.
- Rinse your dentures thoroughly after eating to remove any food particles.
- Handle your dentures with care to avoid damaging them.
- Remove your dentures at night to give your mouth a break and prevent bacteria buildup.
- Schedule regular check-ups with your dentist to monitor the condition of your dentures and overall oral health.