- A piece of cotton gauze may have been placed to control bleeding. Leave this in place ½ to 1 hr. If bleeding continues from the area where the gauze was removed, replace it with another gauze or moist tea bag.
- There may be slight bleeding the first few hours. If there is considerable bleeding beyond this time, please call the office.
Some postoperative pain can be anticipated. Take as needed.
- 2-3 (650-1000mg) Tylenol every 4 hrs.
- 3-4 (600-800mg.) Ibuprofen (Advil, Nuprin, etc.) every 4-6 hrs. with food or milk.
- Those drugs prescribed. Prescription drugs for pain often cause drowsiness. Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery after taking prescribed drugs.
Moderate swelling immediately following periodontal surgery is not unusual. However, if it is severe or is accompanied by an increase in temperature or fever, please call the office.
- Ice pack should be applied to the face over the surgical area for 10min. on and 10min. off for the first 4-5 hrs. after surgery. Alternatively, ice water may be sipped continuously today and tonight.
- Take prescribed antibiotics as indicated on prescriptions.
A periodontal dressing or adhesive may have been placed to protect the surgical area. Do not be concerned if part or all of it comes off. If it becomes uncomfortable, please call the office.
- You may wish to limit yourself to soft foods the first day. Drink plenty of liquids (avoid alcohol).
- Return to regular diet the following day, but chew on side opposite the surgical area. If you have trouble chewing, an instant breakfast drink is suggested.
- Do not brush the graft for 8 weeks. Tomorrow you may rinse with salt water (1/2 tsp. in 1 glass warm water) 3-5 times per day.
- For the first week, rinse with the recommended mouthwash twice a day for 30 seconds.
- Weeks 2-8 gently cleanse the graft with a cotton swab dipped in the mouthrinse.
- Gently floss area after 3 weeks.
Your next appointment will be for suture removal and evaluating the surgical area. PLEASE make every attempt to keep this appointment. It is very important that you be seen to be certain that your healing is progressing normally.
Rubiks-Cu.be is a website dedicated to cube puzzle. Use the simulator, the online solver, learn the easiest solution method and measure your solution times.